Bathurst Thoroughbred Racing is currently seeking an experienced, driven and self-starter Race Track and Facilities Manager to join their close knit team with a rich racing history at Bathurst NSW.
Tyers Park is the key racing centre for the Central West region and an overall vital supplier of race meetings catering for leading stables in the metropolitan, provincial and country areas. With 12 meetings per year including feature race meetings such as the Bathurst Cup and Soldiers Saddle attracting acclaimed horses, trainers and owners to Bathurst, making the role of the Race Track and Facilities Manager a crucial part of the business.
The key areas of this role include but are not limited to:
- Maintenance of the training facilities, including sand track, swimming dam, stalls and general grounds.
- Preparation and management of the course proper (turf race track) and race day infrastructure.
- Management of the grounds including, grand stand, function room, trainer’s room, toilets, lawns and gardens.
- Management of race day logistics, erecting race day infrastructure, taking deliveries and co-ordinating contactors and supplies on grounds.
- Maintenance of tractors, mowers and other equipment, including servicing and repairs.
- Working closely and maintaining a close relationship with Trainers, Owners, Stewards, Sponsors and other racing officials.
- Knowledge and application of fuel, seed, fertiliser, soil, feed etc.
- Completing track reports and reporting conditions to NSW Racing, General Manager and participants.
- Operation of a computerised irrigation system.
- Following and implementing WHS policies and procedures.
Required skill and experience for the role:
- Qualifications or displayed knowledge and experience in turf management and understanding of irrigation systems.
- Current manual driver’s licences and experience operating tractors, mowers and other ground maintenance equipment.
- General mechanical aptitude and handy man experience.
- Computer literacy and excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Analytical skills and problem solving ability.
- A green keeping trade certificate or other turf management qualifications.
This can be either a part time or full time position for the right applicant’s experience, and reports to the onsite General Manager. The salary package includes standard superannuation and leave provisions plus additional benefits which may include phone and other, depending on the candidate.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you please email your resume highlighting your skills and experience matching this role and its requirements to.
Furthermore for a confidential discussion regarding this role and its requirements please contact Michelle at Bathurst Thoroughbred Racing on 02 6331 2719.
Applications for this position will close on Wednesday 27 February 2019.